CURRENT SERIES: AND HE SHALL BE CALLED
THIS SUNDAY: EVERLASTING FATHER
PRIMARY TEXT: Isaiah 9:1-7; 44:2-5; 46:4, 49:15-16, Psalms 27:10
- Reminisce about your childhood. Do you have a favorite memory of your father or a favorite shared activity? Share with the group.
- List out positive fatherly qualities. How about negative qualities that you associate with fatherhood.
- As Amy shared on Sunday about our earthly father and our Everlasting Father, how do you think the relationship with your earthly father affects your view of God?
- Split up in small groups (3-4) of men and women. Share personally how your view of your earthly father has shaped your view of your Everlasting Father.
- Is talking about your earthly father stir emotions in you? What emotions?
- Read Isaiah 44:2-5 and Isaiah 46:4. Respond to the statement. It’s not God’s job to be like us. Thus, the failings of our earthly father should not be reflected on our Everlasting Father.
- As a result of the last conversation, what is one quality or attribute you will choose to believe about God that you haven’t in the past?
- Is there a next step do you want to take from this conversation? Share with the group as they can offer you support and encouragement.