Current Series: Broken People – Faithful God: Journey Through Judges
This Sunday: Gideon – Spirit of Fear
Primary Text: Judges 6 & 7
- What is on top of your phobia list? Snakes, public speaking, the doctor’s office?
- What are your emotional and physical reactions when you are afraid?
- In the midst of this repeated rescue cycle, the Israelites call out to the Lord. Last week we read that God sends an angel to Gideon. Read Judges 6:16-24. What does Gideon need before he proceeds forward?
- Read Judges 7:1-11. Do you recall what the word Harod means? What does the Lord ask Gideon to do?
- Even though Gideon still had fear, how did Gideon follow the Lord’s commands?
- Is there someone in your life who is facing “the Midianites” yet is stepping forward in faith? Besides their faith, what do you admire about them?
- Discuss these questions separately. What is a major challenge, pain, or trial that you are in the middle of? What does it mean for you to move forward in faith? How has God shown you His faithfulness or answered your prayers for direction?
- What is one next step you can to take this week?