Current Series: Broken People – Faithful God: Journey Through Judges
This Sunday: Life Lessons from Gideon
Primary Text: Judges 6:1-16
- Consider your childhood and adolescence. Was there a coach, teacher, boss, parent, or relative who spoke into you who told you of special ability or character qualities they saw in you long before you saw it in yourself? Who was it and what did they say?
- Read Judges 6:1-16. Why were the Israelites being constantly attacked by the Midianites?
- Reflect for a moment. Was there a situation in your life where you wondered why you were being “constantly attacked” and you later realized your actions were a significant factor to the situation? What did God teach you through that discipline?
- In verses 11-12, an angel visits Gideon. How does he address Gideon? What do you find significant about how he addresses Gideon?
- Get into groups of 2-3. Have one person respond to this statement. This is how I see myself when I struggling or in fear. Then, have the other group members share how God might see them. Have each person take a turn.
- In verses 13-14, Gideon asks a question that the angel doesn’t directly answer. Why do you think he doesn’t answer Gideon this way?
- Do you recall a time when God didn’t directly answer one of your questions? Ask you look back on it, did He just answer it in a different way?
- What is one next step you will commit to take this week?