Current Series: Living Different
This Sunday: Gratitude – If You Think It, Say It
Primary Text: Luke 17:11-19, Ephesians 4:29
- As a group, share the main points of the Sunday message.
- Who in your life have you learned about gratitude?
- Read Luke 17:11-19. What stands out to you from this story?
- Read Ephesians 4:29. What inside a heart produces unwholesome words out of one’s lips?
- What inside someone produces wholesome talk, encouraging words?
- Throughout your life, what encouraging words have received from someone? Who said it, and what did they say?
- Read Psalm 139:1-14. Explain how our inner life impacts our outer life?
- Consider today or yesterday. What did your words, actions and behaviors reveal about what is going on inside of you? Take a few minutes to quietly reflect or journal.
- Does anyone have some insight that they would like to share as a group?
- What is a next step of gratitude God is leading you to take?
- Consider this exercise. Put five coins in your left pocket. When you think it and say it, pull a coin out and put in your right pocket as a reminder to be intentional to share gratitude towards God or another.