Current Series: Reactions to the Resurrection
This Sunday: Pursuit
Primary Text: John 20:1-18
- Discuss the message from Sunday. What is one point that you took from the message?
- Give an example where you or someone you know has been in pursuit of someone or something. What qualities are present when one pursues?
- Mary Magdalene pursued Jesus. In life and in his death, she pursued him. She enjoyed being in His presence. She was a better person because she was around Him. Think of someone you enjoy. What are 3-4 reasons why you enjoy being around this person?
- Read John 20:1-2, 11-18. Mary is filled with emotion and grief because of Her closeness to Him. What are the most personal, the most significant reasons you pursue Jesus?
- Do you recall Cory’s Next Step Challenge? 60 minutes pursuing Jesus. If you have started the challenge, share your experience with the group. What have you done? Did you meet Jesus through your time with Him?
- If you have pursued Jesus this week, what is one way you are different because of it?