These questions accompany the LSCC daily devotional. Discuss one or more of these questions around the dinner table or living room with family or friends. The theme for each of these questions is on reflecting over the past year and how you’ve seen God work in it.
- Briefly describe the biggest accomplishment or most enjoyable life event over the past year. Why did you choose it? How did God play a role in it? Did you learn something about God through it?
- What was the biggest trial or struggle in your life in 2017? Why did you choose it? How did God play a role in it? Did you learn something about God through it?
- What spiritual practices were most helpful to you in 2017? Consider individual activities like reading the Bible, meditating or memorizing, fasting, prayer, journaling. How about group activities like small group, serving with others, attending church services or other activities that you did with other people.
- What were the 1-2 biggest lessons you learned about God or your relationship with God in 2017?
- Name one person who had a significant positive impact on your faith this year. How did they affect you?
- If you could pass on one quality or lesson God taught you this year what would it be? Consider what will impact the people in your life.